I had thought of many different things I would write my first real blog about, but John Maxwell’s Word of the Day gave me the idea of Mindset.
As I begin a new week of running my own Avon businesses, I truly believe our Mindset is a critical factor. If how we think about our business and the week ahead is a positive mental image, we will be much more likely to have positive results. Negative thinking will, of course, bring negative results.
In the words of Zig Ziglar, don’t have “stinkin thinkin”. Get a “check-up from the neck-up”. Are you guilty of having a negative mindset or do you strive to maintain a positive one. If you are lucky enough to be your own boss, that is certainly something that should make you feel positive about what you are doing!
Use the 7 letters of MINDSET to REMIND you HOW to BE:
- MODERATE: BE DECENT, DIRECT and DOWN-TO-EARTH.
- INSIGHTFUL: BE ACTIVELY AWARE and INTUITIVELY INTELLIGENT.
- NATURAL: BE AUTHENTICALLY you. BE the EXAMPLE others ASPIRE to.
- DETERMINED: BE EXCELLENT, EXCEPTIONAL and EXTRAORDINARY. REFUSE to be Mainstream, Mediocre, or Middle-of-the-road.
- SHARP: FOCUS ALL your ATTENTION on ACCENTING the AFFIRMATIVE.
- ENTHUSIASTIC: BE a JOY generator, a HAPPINESS magnet, a POSITIVITY radiator.
Practice these and I guarantee you will see great results. Have a GREAT WEEK!