New Year – New Goals?
Most people make New Year’s resolutions but how many actually keep them? Gyms are full on January and empty by February or March. For all our good intentions in January we seldom follow through for the year. There are a lot of reasons for that but I have listed a few of the ways that I have found help me to keep motived and on track.
New Year Resolution Solutions
- Learn to harness your Will Power! While everyone has will power some people seem to have more. Not so, it’s just that you haven’t used it and strengthened it as much as others. Whether it be limiting your eating or working your business more, setting small goals and keeping them will make it easier and easier to build up to bigger goals. As you practice will power it will grow which means the more we use it, the stronger it gets!
- Don’t make too many at one time! It is easy to get overwhelmed and when we do, nothing happens. Know what you want to accomplish and then define daily objectives to reach it You can schedule and plan your activities to accomplish your resolutions and break them down so that they are actually achievable. This keeps you on track and not overwhelmed.
- Break Them Up! Don’t say I am going to the gym every day, or I am going to build a BIG business this year. Instead, opt for I am going to work out 2-3 times a week. Or, I am going to add 10 new people to my business. This is easier to accomplish and sets you up for success and gives you the resolve to set and make the next goal.
- Schedule in something fun to lift your spirits. Maybe 30 minutes working in your garden, reading a good book, or watching a funny movie. You will come back refreshed and ready.
- Never Give Up! So what if you ate a cupcake? Or so what if you didn’t get to make all the phone calls you were going to make? Resolutions and goals are a renewable resource and no one has ever been perfect at them. But the key is to pick yourself up and get back on track.
These are just a few suggestions on helping you make and keep your resolutions this year. I wish you luck and the best in your endeavors for our new year.